Medical Concerns and Care for People with Down Syndrome
From Kathleen Fergus, former About.com Guide
Most pediatricians are familiar with the care of kids with Down syndrome. You can become a more active player in your child's care by educating yourself on the health issues and needs of children with Down syndrome, too.
- Common Medical Needs of Kids With Down Syndrome
- Antloaxial Instability: An Orthopedic Concern
- Duodenal Atresia - An Intestinal Issue
Teens and Adults
As time goes by, the needs of people with Down syndrome change. It's wise to know what the future may hold for your child.
- Outlook For an Individual With Down Syndrome
- Alzheimer's Disease and Down Syndrome
- Hypothyroidism and Down Syndrome
Although there is no cure for Down syndrome, there are many treatments and therapies available to deal with some of the medical and physical concerns associated with Down syndrome.